Dear quilting friends,
There's a wonderful piece circulating on the internet,
“Christmas 2011 ~~ Birth of a New Tradition” and a fabulous television advertisement advocating “Shop at a Small Business”. We Americans are being invited to give the gift of genuine concern for our fellow Americans this holiday season. We are encouraged to give a gift produced by American hands or a gift certificate for something that's actually needed ~~ a haircut, driveway shoveling, a homemade meal. When we care about America's small businesses, we care about one another. It is our hope that this is the birth of new traditions, all across America.
REDUCE ~~ RE-USE ~~ RECYCLE
Martha's family spent the days after Thanksgiving creating holiday wreaths to send to loved ones. A walk in the woods, gathering evergreens and winter berries, is a delightful afternoon activity. The gifts of nature are abundant and with a little craftsmanship and a hand-tied bow, a gorgeous holiday wreath adds beauty to the entryway throughout the winter months. Dan and Carol have always focused on gifts of necessities ~~ gift cards lovingly “wrapped” in little zip top quilted bags to hang from the tree and hand made quilted treasures enclosed in hand stitched fabric bags. Gifts of the heart and hands are simply the best! Reduce ~~ Re-Use ~~ Recycle is our goal when it comes to gift wrapping.
GIFTS FOR QUILTERS
Carol's quilted candle mats and quilted potholders are wonderful ways to use up those flying geese units, easily made from the scrap bin with the Wing Clipper ruler. Martha loves to grab leftovers from her scrap drawer, her trusty Tucker Trimmer and make Ohio Star quilted mug rugs, just the right size for a mug of tea and a sweet treat next to your sewing machine.
A Threads Galore Gift Certificate makes the perfect gift for any quilter. It can be used to restock quilting necessities ~~ thread, needles, rotary cutter blades ~~ or to select an inspiring array of new fabrics. Holiday Wish Lists are all printed up and ready for you to fill out here at the shop. You may leave your list with us and drop a hint to your loved ones to come shop before 5 PM on Friday, December 23rd when we close for our family Christmas time. Some quilters even take the Wish List home to place next to Santa's favorite chair.
The spirit and beauty of the holiday season are abundant in the Rangeley Region. Special music events and traditional pageantry showcase our talented performers of all ages.
- Community Chorus Concert ~~ Wednesday, December 7th, 7:00 PM, Good Shepherd Episcopal Church,
- Mountain Holly Days ~~ December 9th through 11th, with special discounts at participating shops, restaurants, and businesses.
- Walk To Bethlehem ~~ Sunday, December 11th, 5 PM. Bundle up and enjoy caroling from Church to Church as the group makes the journey from the Rangeley Inn to the Good Shepherd Episcopal Church for an evening of dance, music, and pageantry.
- School Winter Concert ~~ Thursday, December 15th, 6:30 PM, RLRS Gym.
QUILT CLASSES IN THE NEW YEAR
- BEGINNING QUILTING will be offered if there is sufficient interest. Preliminary plans are for a four part series class, Saturday mornings in January/February. Please contact us soon for more details and we'll put together class specifics when we have enough students.
- RAPID FIRE HUNTER STAR CLASS for intermediate quilters is Sunday, January 22nd, 2012, 9 AM until 4 PM at the Quilt Inn studio. A totally fun and precise way to create Hunter Star blocks will be taught using Deb Tucker's Hunter Star Ruler. The sky's the limit once you've mastered this rapid fire technique.
- CABIN FEVER RELIEVER is a three day quilt camp at the Quilt Inn Friday, February 17th through Sunday, February 19th, 2012. Based on the “Combination Unit” constructed with the Tucker Trimmer, this is a two-for-one project where students will create blocks for “Labor Day Madness” and “Pinwheel” quilts at the same time. Lunch and all snacks are included; lodging is available.
- SPRING BLOOMS for confident beginners is Sunday, February 26th, 2012, 9 AM until 4 PM at the Quilt Inn Studio. Satisfy your need for speed with an easy quilt as you go technique that is called “Fun & Done! Quilting” by the Prairie Sky designers. Surely we'll all be yearning to stitch up some spring blooms by late February.
Please see class details on our website and don't hesitate to call or email Carol if you have any questions. Sign up is first-come, first-served ~~ don't delay in reserving your space!
END OF YEAR FABRIC CLEARANCE ~~ CASH BONUS SALE
Remember when we used to shop with paper money ~~ you know those greenback bills you kept in your wallet prior to plastic debit and credit cards?? We want to bring back that incentive to shop with cash. For the month of December, we'll have selected bolts of fabric (over 200) upstairs in the shop at 15% off. Double your discount ~~ that's right, 30% off ~~ when you pay with cash! It's a win-win event. You have the opportunity to support a small shop and reap huge savings on quilting fabric! Come on in with those greenbacks!!
QUILT SHOW NEWS
Dan and Carol's quilts both earned Honorable Mention at A Quilter's Gathering. “Shattered Nine Patch Squared” was honored for Overall Craftsanship and “Starburst Galaxy” was recognized for Quilting Excellence in Machine Quilting. Carol's already playing around with some block arrangements as the design process begins for her 2012 show quilt. We always love seeing whether Dan's upcoming show quilt design will be inspired by a fabric, a geometric shape, or exploration of a new piecing technique.
From our family to yours, may this holiday season be filled with peace and joy, health and happiness. May simple pleasures replace imported luxuries and may kindness and caring for our fellow Americans inspire each of us to lovingly create new traditions. We absolutely love what we do ~~ sharing quilt making with each of you ~~ and are so very grateful for your loyalty and support of our small, locally owned quilt shop.