Dear quilting friends,
A warm winter welcome to our readers. Thank you for signing up to enjoy our monthly email newsletter! While winter can be rather quiet in the shop, it is a busy time for us as we plan and prepare for upcoming events at Threads Galore Quilt Shop.
STATE OF MAINE QUILT SHOP HOP
We've received the specs for our Shop Hop Quilt and samples of the fabrics selected as the theme for this year's State of Maine Quilt Shop Hop. We LOVE this year's fabric choices!! Carol and Martha have chosen a quilt design and fabric palette for our quilt ~ just need to see whose “to do list” includes piecing it, Dan's or Martha's. Quilting our project has already been added to Carol's “to do list”. We hope many of you will come visit us during this fun event in April.
GLOBETROTTING ~ A FREE Mystery BOM by Pat Sloan
Pat Sloan is introducing a Mystery Block of the Month quilt entitled “Globetrotting”. Sign up here to receive a FREE pattern every month for the next ten months!
QUILT INN 2014 BOOKINGS
This is the time of year when our “regular” groups finalize their Quilt Inn plans. The more popular dates can go quickly. Gather some friends, check your calendars and contact Carol for help in planning your 2014 quilting getaway at our comfortable and cozy Quilt Inn Rangeley Retreat Center.
FALL QUILT CAMP PLANS
Carol is busy putting together the final details for the two Fall Quilt Camp 2014 weekends. Stay tuned for more info as soon as it's available.
NEW YEAR'S QUILTING RESOLUTIONS & LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
If your New Year's resolutions include learning exciting new techniques and finishing up your quilts-in-the-works, we've got several offerings that may interest you.
- Tool Time Sampler class starts Wednesday, January 15th and continues once a month through May. You will want to sign up ASAP for this to receive your materials/supply list and pre-cutting instructions.
- “Stars in the Walkway” is a great lap quilt that will be taught in an all day workshop on Saturday, January 25th. Perfect for jelly rolls, Bali Pops, or your 2-1/2 inch leftover strips! Dan pieced the sample quilt using one of our new Quiltworx Bali Pops with two additional fabrics. Register soon to join us for this special class, offered on “Visit Your Quilt Shop Day”.
- Cabin Fever Reliever ~ just a few spots left for this three day mini quilt camp weekend.
- Open Studio Days ~ bring whatever you're working on and stitch the day away with us.
Three bolts of gorgeous large scale multi-colored prints by Blank Quilting just arrived. Dynasty in navy blue features two Jacobean style prints with tones of lighter blues, greens and yellow, while the floral print Samsara in plum includes teals, greens, and gold. They work very well with the P&B Bear Essentials!
FUN & EASY POTHOLDER/HOT PAD IDEA
- Mom & Me Aprons by Atkinson Designs includes 3 sizes ~ toddler, child, and adult. Carol stitched up 7 of these in one week for holiday gifts.
- Natalie's Napkins by Atkinson Designs includes reversible napkins in 2 sizes. A set for each season will brighten up your dining table. Easy!
- Threads Galore Patterns ~ we continue to tech edit some of our own designs and plan to release those patterns later this winter. Martha's favorite is a shaded four patch table runner and she's stitched up one in blues and white as well as one in reds and white, all from the scrap bin. Dan's Stars in the Walkway has been stitched up in several sizes in both planned fabrics and scrappy fabrics. We've got more ideas than hours in the day!
Carol came up with the BEST potholders ever and made a ton of them for family and friends! Choose two fabrics, layer them with Soft & Stable Batting, quilt with an all over design, cut them into 8-1/2 inch squares, add binding. They lay so flat and make wonderful hot pads too. Try it soon. You'll love them!
Just a reminder that we close for our annual break in March. We'll have those dates in the next newsletter.
We look forward to seeing you in the New Year ~ whether in the shop, online, or at our Facebook page.
Health and happiness, with lots of quilting time, is our wish for you as 2014 arrives!!