Dear quilting friends,
Spring brings with it a time of new beginnings and we've been training and preparing to implement our Point of Sale System. We plan to make the transition on June first, streamlining our customer check-out service and inventory management, both at the quilt shop and our online store. We appreciate your patience as we become more familiar with the many features offered by the new system. It is our hope that this change will provide Carol more opportunity to be in the shop or her quilting studio, with less time required in the office.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER WORKSHOPS
We are now taking registrations for the June and July summer workshops. Held on Wednesdays, each class is a single day workshop, meeting in the air-conditioned studio of the Quilt Inn.
- Fanfare is the perfect summer quilting project ~ easy & fun, coordinated fabrics or totally scrappy.
- Tahiti Tote is a great bag ~ we've already made two for the shop and one for Carol to take to Quilt Market.
SUMMER OPEN STUDIO DAYS
Open Studio days are single day retreats without formal instruction. They are the perfect time to get those unfinished projects on a design wall and stitched together or to begin your holiday sewing. Held in the spacious, air-conditioned studio of the Quilt Inn, it's a fun way to connect with other quilters!
UPDATE ON FALL QUILT CAMPS
The Fall Quilt Camp with Joan Ford is at full registration. Please contact Carol if you wish to be placed on the wait list for that. Quilt Camp “With A Twist” still has openings and is a fun way to enjoy a four day quilting retreat, including lodging and delicious meals. “With A Twist” does not have formal instruction, but includes much show & tell and project sharing along the way. Both take place at the cozy Country Club Inn, where the views are spectacular.
NEW TECHNIQUES, NEW QUILTS, NEW BAGS
Since Carol's return from Quilt Market, we've been busy displaying all the new items in the shop and loading them onto the web page. Martha's to-do list for shop samples has grown quickly!
- Project Bags, from Patterns by Annie, provides you with the perfect bag to store each of your quilting projects, to organize the grandkids' craft supplies, to protect your latest knitting project, or to pack your belongings for a summer weekend getaway or a day at the park. With 4 sizes from small to extra large, a clear vinyl front window, a zippered closing and a hanging handle, these project bags make a versatile and fun project.
- The Barbados Bag, by Pink Sands Beach designs, is the perfect cross-body travel purse or run-around-town bag. The four outside pockets include a zipped cell phone pocket and the two inside pockets guarantee the utmost in organization. The top zipper keeps it all secured. Your choice of silver- tone or antiqued gold-tone hardware may be added to make the strap removable. Finishing at ten inches square, this bag might also hold your I-pad or e-reader. This is #1 on Martha's list!
- Tea Leaf Ornaments from Poorhouse Quilt Designs guides you in turning holiday scraps into handmade treasures. These make ideal package tie-ons, ornaments, or gifts and the designer writes that “you can make three of these in an evening.” The hidden pocket on the back is just the right size to include a gift card, monetary gift or a few candies.
- Chopped, by Joan Ford of Hummingbird Highway, uses eight fat quarters and a single background to quickly stitch up a 58” x 74” quilt and then put together a 12” x 34” table runner from the leftovers. This is a no waste project duo!
- Fall Welcome Banner, by Poorhouse Quilt Designs, includes three options in one pattern. These 24” x 36” designs include apples, pumpkins and maple leaves ~ perfect to celebrate the harvest season from Labor Day until Thanksgiving. We'll definitely be stitching one up to hang on the porch for Autumn Splendor Shop Hop.
- Chevron Love, a Sweet Treasures Publication by Terri Staats, is a booklet filled with 3 sizes of chevrons to create quilts in crib/toddler, throw, twin and queen sizes as well as a table runner, dresser scarf, buffet scarf, and bed runner. Fast strip piecing!
- New additions to our Deb Tucker/Studio 180 Technique Sheets display are designed to be used with your Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star ruler. These methods take piecing Lemoyne Stars to a whole new level, while maintaining the ease of Studio 180's trademark trim-down precision in your piecing.
|The Studio 180 Design/Deb Tucker Booth at Spring Quilt Market
Carol, Deb, Wendy, Karon & Doris
EXPANDED BARGAIN CORNER
Don't forget to browse the Bargain Corner in the showroom. There is now a large selection of books there, all at discounted prices. Further price markdowns have been made on already discounted items. Our need to clear out offers you an opportunity to save!
We love this time of year! The lilacs are bursting forth in color along the driveway, while Dan's planters and hanging plants around the dooryard create an array of color that changes daily as spring transitions to summer in Rangeley.
Lady Slippers at Green Pond (picture by Kelsi)
We look forward to seeing you soon!