Dear quilting friends,
What gorgeous fall foliage we are enjoying this year! The reds are more vivid than they've been in several years and the patchwork of gold, orange, and red on the hillsides around Rangeley becomes more spectacular with each new day. We are in the midst of our first Autumn Splendor Shop Hop and having a great time welcoming so many folks from all around Maine, New Hampshire and beyond. It's great to see so many quilters out and about, enjoying the splendor of autumn and the many festivals and events that make this season so special.
A reminder that we are open 7 days a week through October 13th with our Fall Foliage Shop Hours
Monday through Saturday, 10 AM until 5 PM
Sunday, 11 AM until 4 PM
BRENDA HALL TRUNK SHOW
We're all ready to welcome Brenda Hall in her first visit to Rangeley as our Fall Quilt Camp instructor. The public is invited to come enjoy her Trunk Show on Saturday, October 13th at 2 PM at the Country Club Inn. Space is limited; advance reservation is requested. Tickets are available at the quilt shop, $15 per person. Round up your quilting friends and carpool to Rangeley for this special event! Following the Trunk Show, Brenda will be available at Threads Galore Quilt Shop to demonstrate her method for easily selecting multiple fabrics for any Judy Niemeyer quilt patterns.
NEW QUILT PATTERNS
- A full range of Judy Niemeyer patterns are available in the Batik Room. From three block table runners to beautiful bed quilts, there's something for everyone in this selection.
- Patriot, by Deb Tucker of Studio 180 Designs, is a wonderful quilt filled with stars, flying geese, and a migrating geese border. This quilt utilizes Deb's Wing Clipper I and Square 2 rulers.
- Galaxy, also by Deb Tucker of Studio 180 Designs, is a beautiful alternating block design. Because of the color placement and the different angles in the triangles, interesting interlocking circles appear and the second star block disappears into the circles. It’s a fun optical illusion. This quilt utilizes Deb's V Block Trimmer and Tucker Trimmer.
We love the Galaxy quilt so much that we're planning a mini quilt camp at the Quilt Inn based on this design as our 2013 Cabin Fever Reliever. Friday, February 15th to Sunday, February 17th, 2013 are the dates and you may stay at the Quilt Inn or commute from your Rangeley region home or cottage. Carol Perkins is the weekend instructor and more details will be available soon. Mark your calendars!
RAFFLE QUILT TICKETS ~ LAST CHANCE!!
The Rangeley Friends of the Arts will be holding the drawing of the winning ticket for the “Hunter Blues” Quilt on Saturday, October 20th at our Quilt Camp With A Twist at the Country Club Inn. It’s a beautiful quilt, and a wonderful opportunity to support performing and visual arts for the youth of Rangeley. Don’t miss out ~ tickets are on sale through October 19th at Threads Galore Quilt Shop.
NEW BAG PATTERNS
A NEW IRON
The Rowenta First Class is a powerhouse of a small iron, just perfect for quilt workshops or beside your sewing machine at home. A favorite of several Quilt Inn guests, this iron heats up well and steams beautifully.
- “What's In Your Bag” by Stitchin' Sisters is a small zipper bag with a clear window. Cute & handy! You no longer need to guess what's in your bag. These are perfect for gifting ~~ filled with coffees or teas, a small book, socks, or soaps. Travelers will love the ease of storing those 3 ounce bottles of personal care products in this bag. Two fat quarters + two zippers = two bags!
- My Favorite Bag by Amy Hamberlin for the Kati Cupcake Pattern Co. is a great everyday bag with grommets and a sash/tie decoration. Also included is a pattern for a carrying case that can be used as a clutch or a diaper/wipes case. There are sturdy pockets inside and out for ease of organization. This was recommended to us by several customers and we love it.
- Bali Watercolors in a variety of colors have been added to our Batik Room. These are beautiful “blender” fabrics to work with your patterned batiks.
- Wide backing fabrics have finally arrived. A beautiful overall print that will complement any quilt top is available in blue, shades of gray, rich brown, or tan.
- “Coconut” is our latest Bali Pops assortment of 2-1/2 inch precut fabric strips. In rich browns and blacks, these are a great start for your next quilt.
HOLIDAY TABLE RUNNER CLASS ~ Saturday, November 3
You are invited to join us for a fun autumn Saturday, stitching up a Turkey Table Runner and/or a Christmas Tree Table Runner to dress your table for the holidays. Fusible appliqué techniques will be taught and you may blanket stitch or zig-zag/satin stitch around your appliquéd turkey and Christmas tree.
Our greatest joy is welcoming you to our shop. We look forward to seeing all of you ~ our annual fall quilters, our new visitors, and our online customers ~ as we celebrate Autumn Splendor!