We love this time of year! The days are sunny and warm, the nights are comfortably cool, and a hint of Mother Nature's fall palette begins to be visible along the roadsides in the higher elevations.
LABOR DAY WEEKEND PORCH SALE & HOLIDAY HOURS
Friday and Saturday, August 30th and 31st, 10 AM ~ 5 PM
Sunday, September 1st, 10 AM ~ 4 PM
Monday, September 2nd, Closed for Labor Day Holiday
This year's Labor Day weekend porch sale features reduced prices on quilted purses and bags, as well as other quilted items. Books and patterns on the sale table will have greatly reduced prices. In the store, all fat quarter rolled bundles will be discounted, as well as many bolts of selected fabrics. We know many of you wait all year for this sale and we look forward to seeing you “on the porch”!
AUTUMN SPLENDOR QUILT SHOP HOP 2013
Mark your calendars to join us Thursday, September 26th through Sunday, October 6th, for Autumn Splendor Quilt Shop Hop, 2013. Free patterns at every shop! Terrific prizes! All this and more make for an exciting loop around the western mountains and lakes region of Maine during the peak of fall foliage season.
Visit the shop hop website to download your passport and plan your route ahead of time. Each shop has listed the seasonal events in their area to enrich your shop hop experience. We encourage you to support our advertisers when you stop along the way for a snack or coffee break; lunch or dinner. Many hoppers last year planned overnight stays at one of the lakeside motels, mountainside Inns or comfortable B&Bs in the area. If you plan to stay in Bethel, The Inn at the Rostay is adjacent to The Quilt Shop at the Rostay.
We've hung our shop's version of the Row by Row Quilt and the autumnal fabrics have us yearning to plan our next quilt in the beautiful fabrics of the Joyful Harvest Collection by Red Rooster.
FALL RETREATS AT THE QUILT INN
Fall is the perfect time to plan a retreat at the Quilt Inn. The gorgeous weather is ideal for a brisk early morning walk around the village, a day of quilting with friends in the spacious and comfortable studio, and then a leisurely stroll down by the lake before dinner. We have plenty of booking opportunities available and are happy to help you plan your group's visit to Rangeley during this most beautiful of seasons.
THREADS GALORE KITS AND PATTERNS
Martha and Carol have created patterns for a new version of Martha's Stars Table Runner and a Friendship Star Table Runner. Both are easy to piece and the perfect sizes to add some seasonal color to your home. Martha just finished packaging kits for an autumn version of Martha's Stars and a winter version of the Friendship Star runner.
NEW DEB TUCKER/STUDIO 180 PATTERNS
- Doubly Charmed is a delightful pattern for two smaller quilts. You piece one and use the “leftovers” to begin the second quilt. It's a charming duo!
- Signs of Autumn combines pieced fall leaves with flying geese. Both a wall quilt and a table runner. We love the runner we made for the shop.
- Southern Hospitality is a larger quilt with wonderful pieced stars and a migrating geese border.
We are anticipating September arrival dates for two beautiful fabric lines.
- Bobbins & Bits by Pat Sloan for Moda is Pat Sloan at her finest. Large whimsical flowers, polka dots, and curvy vines done in cherry red, willow spring green, tangy orange, and aegeon blue are sure to brighten up your fabric stash. Pat designed this collection to celebrate her love of sewing. If you look closely at the center of the large flowers, you will see the pattern of the oh-so-familiar metal bobbins used in Singer Featherweight machines.
- Collections for a Cure ~ Love by Howard Marcus for Moda is based on fabrics in a quilt from the Howard Marcus collection. The fabrics in the original quilt are dated to be 1825 to 1840. The proceeds from this year's Collection benefit St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, whose mission is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. No child is denied treatment at St. Jude's based on race, religion, or a family's ability to pay. Beautiful tones of walnut brown, robin's egg blue, sage green, red and cream in florals and coordinating prints make this selection of fabrics easy to use in quilted items of all sizes, as well as bags and totes.
MORE FAMILY FUN
Carol enjoyed a reunion with her sisters and nieces at their beloved childhood camp on Green Pond earlier this summer. The Rangeley Friends of the Arts Summer Diva Show brought more members of Dan and Carol's extended family to Rangeley. Held at Saddleback Ski Area, this musical gala is directed by the Perkins' youngest daughter, Erin Perkins Smith, and is always a special summer weekend in Rangeley.
|Sistah's ~ Carol, Terri, Tam
||Lady Gaga, aka Erin Perkins Smith
| We hope you are enjoying this time of transition from summer to autumn with many opportunities to gather with friends and family and to enjoy the beauty surrounding you, wherever you are. We look forward to seeing you soon ~ in the shop, or online.